JAPANESE TISSUE TRANSFER (BEEHIVE BLUE)
JAPANESE TISSUE TRANSFER
Apply over bisque ware or over under-glazed pieces and cover with clear glaze
320 mm x 410mm Sheet Size
· You will need some water, scissors and a sponge.
· Cut the transfer Tissue paper, as required.
· Soak sponge and squeeze to remove excess water. In the case of thicker white transfer papers leave the sponge reasonably wet.
· Sponge lightly around the area where transfer will be applied
· Place transfer paper in the correct position on the unglazed surface with printed side facing down.
· Soak sponge again as in step 4.
· Start at one corner, press evenly over top of transfer paper with damp sponge. Take care not to wrinkle paper. Remoisten sponge if it dries: Too much water may cause the pattern to bleed.
· Leave to dry for 2-3 minutes
· Slowly peel off the transfer paper, checking print has transferred. If not, dampen again and leave a while to dry. The paper must be removed as it can leave a residue.
· Transparent coloured or clear glazes can be applied over the dry surface and then fired to the appropriate temperature between 1100ºC and 1300ºC.
· Transfers can also be applied over the top of a freshly glazed surface.