KEANE POLAR WHITE CAST POWDER
KEANE CLAY POLAR WHITE SLIP POWDER 25KG
1060 - 1120c
Pure white, suits all hobby glazes
• Polar White: 25kg
• Water: 10.8 to 11.8 litres
• Sodium Silicate N42: 70gms (50mls)
• Dispex N40: 80 to 120gms (62 to 94mls)
• Target Litre Weight: 1725gms/litre Current recommendation for Dispex is 100gms
NOTE: TARGET WEIGHT Different studios may use different litre weights ranging from 1700gms/ litre to 1750gms/litre. This depends on personal preference, the size of the moulds, water quality, etc. For instance, small fine moulds may require a lighter litre weight than larger open moulds. We recommend a target litre weight of 1725gms/litre.
Method 1. Accurately measure 11 litres of water into the mixing tank.
2. Accurately measure out the 50mls (70gms) of Sodium Silicate and dilute 50/50 with warm water. 3. We recommend 80gms (63mls) of Dispex as a starting point. Accurately measure Dispex and dilute 50/50 with warm water.
4. Turn on mixer and add diluted Sodium Silicate to the water.
5. Gradually add the clay powder.
6. As slip thickens add the diluted Dispex a little at a time, as to keep the slip fluid. You do not have to add all the Dispex if not required.
7. Check the slip weight. It should be 1725gms/litre. If it is more than 1725gms/litre, add water.
If it is less than 1725gms/litre add more dry powder. If litre weight is correct and the slip is still thick add more Dispex. (Up to 8mls, so total is no more than 71mls per 25kg)
8. Mix slip for 2 hours.
9. Slip should be allowed to mature for 24 hours.
10. Remix the slip. If necessary adjust the fluidity with a little Dispex to obtain the desired pouring consistency.
IMPORTANT LAST STEP! Sieve through an 80-mesh sieve before using. If you wish to produce quality greenware this last procedure is essential. Fly screen, stockings and kitchen strainers are NOT sufficient!