- REFRACTORY PRODUCTS
- KILN SHELVES
- KILN SHELF 550 X 550 X THICKNESS 20mm
KILN SHELF 550 X 550 X THICKNESS 20mm
KILN SHELF 550X550XTHICKNESS 20mm
Ipswich pottery supplies can order in high-quality cordiorite kiln furniture specifically developed to withstand the demanding variety of conditions in the Ceramic field. These refractories are suitable for temperatures up to 1300 °C and will give long service life with a minimum of bending. It's property of low thermal expansion is an extremely important characteristic of fast firing cycles. They have been proven in industrial factories worldwide in the manufacture of all ceramic products.
The craftsmen potter and production potter are both served by these refractories providing a sound base for the finished ware. Should you require a non-standard size for your kiln a cutting service is available for a cutting charge of $6.50
- Cordiorite shelves are for use up to cone 10 firing with minimal distortion under proper loading and usage. This enables Cordiorite to withstand a very large number of firing cycles.
- Low thermal expansion combined with high total porosity results in excellent thermal shock resistance, so that fast cycles can be achieved.
- Low density, resulting in lower proportion of heat being absorbed by the kiln furniture.
- Cordiorite does not expand or shrink.
Biscuit and Earthenware Gloss - 980-1120C Small shelves or light loads - 10mm to 13mm thick. Larger shelves or heavy loads- 15mm thick
Stoneware Small Shelves or light loads - 20mm thick Larger shelves or heavy loads - 25mm thick Extra heavy loads - 30mm thick.
A small freight charge may apply.